If you forget the password on your Android Phone, you can open the phone again without a factory reset using these steps.
1. First of all, open the phone and click Forgot Password or Forgot Pattern.
2. Then, log in to your Google account first.
3. After that, Google will give two options that are answer questions from Google or Google will send a new password or code to your email.
4. If you select to answer the question, you have to give the correct answer for the question.
5. If you select to send code to your email, you can log in to your email on your friend’s phone to get the code.
6. Next, use the code or password from Google to open your phone.