The finesse of technology is currently increasing, especially in the use of social media. The development of social media helps many people in communication and exchange of information.
However, many people also abuse technology such as stealing data and hacking accounts. And lately, many people sigh that their WhatsApp gets hacked and hard to get it back.
So, if you have a WhatsApp account, you must secure it so that it is no hacked. Those who don’t know how to secure your WhatsApp can follow the steps below.
Steps to Secure a WhatsApp Account
1. First of all, open your WhatsApp application and select the logo of dots three on the top right.
2. Next, click Settings and click Account.
3. And then, open Two-step verification and click ENABLE which is at the bottom.
4. Then enter six figures as a PIN that is easy for you to remember, then click NEXT.
5. After it, confirm the PIN you have written earlier and click NEXT.
6. Next, you can enter your Email as a guarantor if you forgot your PIN or you also can click Skip if you don’t need it.
7. And then, read the notice from WhatsApp that if you do not enter your email and one time you forgot your PIN, then you can not open WhatsApp with your number again. After read click OK.
8. And then click DONE.
Done. If you haven’t opened your account WhatsApp for a long time and you open it back, then WhatsApp will ask you to enter the PIN. So, if a hacker wanna open your WhatsApp, he needs to enter the PIN also. If he don’t know the PIN, then he can not open your WhatsApp. So, make a good PIN that is not easy to guess but easy for you to remember.